Culver City, CA
Direct: (310) 601-1200
Vcard: Click Here
Darrel Menthe’s practices focuses on business litigation, employment law, bankruptcy, and writs and appeals. Mr. Menthe frequently represents business owners and professionals in partnership and corporate disputes, fraud, unfair competition, creditor/debtor issues, and contract claims. He advises businesses and individuals on employment law and wage and hour litigation. Mr. Menthe is also the author of a frequently reviewed how-to guide on the pleading requirements of civil RICO cases. Mr. Menthe has represented outdoor advertising companies against state and municipal enforcement and has published extensively on the subject of sign regulation.
Darrel Menthe began his law practice with major national law firms in Los Angeles after graduating from Stanford Law School. Darrel Menthe has tried jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations, and has successfully obtained multiple writs of mandate and appellate victories.
- Stanford Law School, J.D. (1996)
- University of California, Los Angeles, M.A.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A.., Political Science and Comparative Literature, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- California State Bar
- Colorado State Bar (inactive)
- Culver City Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President, Culver City Downtown Business Association
- Treasurer, Culver City Centennial Celebration Committee
- Culver City Rotary Club
- The Marketplace Metaphor and Commercial Speech Doctrine: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About and Love Citizens United, 38 Hastings Const. L. Q.131 (2010)
- Aesthetic Regulation and the Development of First Amendment Jurisprudence,19 Boston U. L. Rev. 221 (2010)
- Reconciling Speech and Structural Elements in Sign Regulation, 44 Gonzaga L. Rev. 283 (2008)
- Legalization and the Mediation of International Disputes: The Balkan Experience, 23 Conn. J. Int’l L. 83 (2007)
- Writing on the Wall: The Impending Demise of Modern Sign Regulation under the First Amendment and State Constitutions, 18 George Mason Civil Rights L. J. 1 (2007)
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Pleading Civil RICO, (ABA: The Practical Litigator) (2007)
- Jurisdiction in Cyberspace: A Theory of International Spaces, 4 Michigan Telecomm. & Tech. L. Rev. 69 (1998)